Town Court for the Town of Vernon
Town of Vernon Court
4305 Peterboro Road, PO Box 643
Vernon, NY 13476
Judge Robert G.Suttmeier
Monday and Wednesday 10am to 3pm
Office is CLOSED ON Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
There is an after hours secure drop box outside the office to leave payments and documents for court. Please ensure your name, date of birth and address are on the envelope. There is also a drop box located at the rear of the building for when the building is closed.
This is NOT THE VILLAGE OF VERNON COURT. Their number is 315-829-2489.
A SERVICE FEE OF 2.99% OF THE PAYMENT AMOUNT WILL BE ASSESSED ON ALL CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS. Neither the Town of Vernon nor the Town Court will receive any portion of these fees.
The Court Clerk's are not permitted to provide legal advice.
Adjournments WILL NOT be granted day of court.
Court is held the third Wednesday of the month with Judge Suttmeier presiding. Court time is 1:00 PM.
NEED LEGAL ASSISTANCE?
Please be advised that the Vernon Town Court can only explain court rules and procedures.
WE CAN NOT TELL YOU WHAT OPTIONS TO CHOOSE or HOW TO PROCEED WITH YOUR CASE.
However, the following links may be able to assist you with your legal situation:
- New York Unified Court System's Court Help: www.nycourts.gov/courthelp
- Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York: www.lasmny.org
- Utica Office: 255 Genesee Street, Utica, NY 315-793-7000
- Syracuse Office: 472 S. Salina Street, Syracuse, NY 315-703-6600
- Central NY Legal HelpLine: 1-877-777-6152 www.lasmny.org/Mid-NY/HelpLine.shtm
- NY State Bar Assn. Lawyer Referral Service: 1-800-342-3661
Updated February 22nd, 2023 at 3:28pm